Friday, April 24, 2009

News On The Music Front!

Hey Everybody!

Wanted to give you the latest lowdown on me music! Lots of fun stuff happening here:

- Celebrate Recovery: You can read all about Celebrate Recovery in my previous post! I am playing and singing with the worship band on Monday nights at the Celebrate Recovery meeting at Hill Country Bible Church here in Austin. Had my first night with the band this past Monday night and it was a privilege and a blast. This opportunity affords me the chance to learn new songs, collaborate with other musicians, and minister to those in recovery from all manner of "hurts, habits, and hang-ups."

- Open Mics: I will be doing a number of Open Mics the next several weeks, including the following:
Gateway Baptist Church's Open Mic for Jesus, Friday, May 1st

Genuine Joe's Coffee House Open Mic, some Thursday nights

The Loading Dock (in Georgetown) Open Mic, some Thursday nights

Hanover's (in Pflugerville) Open Mic, Monday nights

Nat's Pub Open Mic, some Wednesday nights

Detour Bar & Grill, some Tuesday nights

I'll send you specific dates and times at the start of each week.

- Preparing to Record : I'll be going into the studio again in June and July in preparation for the Gospel Music Association Festival and Competition in late July. Hope to lay down 3-5 tracks and hopefully with some additional instruments as well!

- Songwriting: I just want to share with you that my songwriting has just been exploding lately, and I think it is getting better. Conventional wisdom is that you'll write 100 bad songs before you write one good one. Well, I think 100 is a bit high, but regardless, I can feel myself growing as an artist and writing better songs. Gonna keep focusing on this, with hard work and God's help! As the saying goes, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice."

Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love,
Kristin

No comments: