Monday, September 1, 2008

Funny Thing My Dad Said - #2

I live with my 71-year old father, who is paralyzed from the neck down as the result of a massive stroke he had almost six years ago. Despite this, his mind is as sharp and clever and irreverent as ever, and his only limitations are physical. He has always been One Of The Funniest People I Know, and almost daily, he says something that practically makes me laugh up a lung.

Last week I went to the dentist and had to go straight to work afterwards. I came home that night and was relating to Daddy how goofy I looked when I got to work. I said, "Daddy, I was still completely numb from the novacaine and my face looked all distorted and contorted!" He replied, "Your face has looked distorted and contorted since 1969."

Note: 1969 is the year I was born.

No comments: